Mincemeat is definitely an underrated ingredient. If you’re bored with traditional mince pies, try this crumble, which offers a new take on an old festive favourite. Delicious served with a generous spoon of custard or ice cream.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 400g apples
- 450g mincemeat
- Juice of an orange
- 100g plain flour
- 75g butter
- 50g demerara sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C.
- Slice the apples thinly and lay them in an overproof dish.
- Stir in the mincemeat and orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, rub in the flour, butter, sugar and cinnamon to make the crumble.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the apples and mincemeat.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until crisp on top.
Photo: raspberri cupcakes