This is a brilliantly simple summery dish. Just slice the polenta and vegetables, stick everything under the grill and voila – easy! You can even adapt this recipe to use on the barbecue for those sunny summer evenings.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 packet of polenta
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of mushrooms
- A handful of black olives
- 1 packet of halloumi
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tsps of pesto
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cut the polenta into slices, so that each slice is about 1cm thick.
- Lay the polenta slices on a baking tray, then brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Put the polenta under the grill on a low heat and grill until it starts to turn golden. Turn the slices over when they start to brown.
- While watching the polenta, cut the vegetables and halloumi into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the vegetables and halloumi in olive oil and season well.
- Remove the polenta from the grill and keep warm in the oven.
- Spread the vegetables and halloumi on a baking tray and grill until the vegetables have softened.
- Mix the tomatoes and pesto in a saucepan over a gentle heat and season well.
- Lay the warm polenta slices on to plates and arrange the vegetables and halloumi over the top.
- Finish by spooning over the tomato and pesto sauce and garnish with the basil leaves.
Lovely with a chilled glass of rosé…