I really like cooking with pastry. It’s easy to do and looks so impressive! I’ve used shop bought pastry in this recipe, but it doesn’t take too much longer to make your own. Once you’ve mastered the basic recipe, you can experiment with any filling that takes your fancy. I like to serve these tarts with roasted seasonal vegetables.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- A knob of butter
- 2 large leeks
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- A block of pastry
- A large block of goat’s cheese
- Heat the butter in a frying pan until sizzling, then add the leeks, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Sweat the leeks gently for 20-25 mins. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Heat the oven to 2000C.
- Roll out the pastry. Cut out four saucer-size circles and place them on a baking sheet.
- Spread the leeks over the circles, leaving a slight border around the edge.
- Put a slice of goat’s cheese in the middle of each tart and top with a thyme sprig.
- Pinch the pastry edge together to encase the leeks.
- Bake the tarts for 25 mins until puffed up and golden.
Now sit back with a nice glass of wine and enjoy…