Vegetarian lasagne is so easy and versatile to make. I’ve made varieties with aubergines, spinach, chickpeas and even mixed beans. Great for those end of cupboard meals! I love to crumble loads of cheese over the top to brown.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 mins
COOKING TIME: 40 mins
- 500g brown mushrooms
- 500g spinach
- 1 tin peeled tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 500g feta, plus 100g for the topping
- 500g plain yogurt
- Lasagne sheets
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oC.
- Fry the chopped onion until soft in a drizzle of olive oil. Then add in the chopped garlic.
- Cut the mushrooms into small pieces and add to the onion and garlic.
- Add the spinach and cover the pan with a lid. Leave until wilted and remove from stove.
- Drain the tomatoes and cut into pieces. Then add to the mushroom and spinach and set the mixture aside.
- Blend the feta and sour cream until smooth.
- Layer your lasagna in an oven proof dish starting with a layer of veg mix, then lasagne sheets and finally the feta mix, repeat as necessary. End off with the feta mix.
- Sprinkle the 100g extra feta on top and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until the top is nice and golden.
Yum yum yum…!